[gmx-users] "comm-mode = Angular" gives error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Aug 23 02:24:19 CEST 2019

On 8/21/19 10:50 PM, Jorden Cabal wrote:
> Hi Justin,
> Thank you Justin for letting me know. I will definitely consider increasing
> the simulation box.
> Although, I was wondering that what would happen if I take
> comm-mode="Angular" and comm-grps= "molecule_AB !molecule_AB". This setting
> gives a warning which was ignored using -maxwarn option. After running 10
> ns of simulation, the system seems to be stable and very less fluctuations
> are observed upon visualization compared to when I use comm-mode="Linear".
> or nothing.
> What would you suggest? Should I proceed with the first setting?

Angular COM motion removal is physically incorrect for a periodic
condensed phase system. Subdividing the system into different groups may
also be inappropriate, but I still don't even know what's in your
system. My previous advice stands; you can try to override warnings all
you like, but it's still a really bad idea. Warnings are there to
prevent users from doing invalid things. Please take that seriously.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.