[gmx-users] question on ffG43a1p force field

Lei Qian tuk04130 at temple.edu
Fri Aug 23 08:28:13 CEST 2019

Thank you Dr. Lemkul,
I continued to use the GROMOS 43a1p for my simulation.

I did simulation for 2 proteins separately: one is WT, the other one is its
one-residue mutant.
And I finished em, NVT, NPT and 1 ns Production (4 steps) for both proteins.

However, I found for each of these 4 above steps, the wall time was a lot
more longer for mutant than WT protein.
Actually I used the same set of parameters for both proteins: e.g. same mdp
files for both protein in each step.
Both proteins get acceptable results after 100-step NVT, 100-step NPT etc.,
but the wall-time for mutant was much more longer than WT.
Could I ask the reason for this?
Sorry for this inconvenience. Thank you for your time and all your help!
Lei