[gmx-users] fails to minimization of ADP-protein

fatemeh.haghighi at univ-fcomte.fr fatemeh.haghighi at univ-fcomte.fr
Fri Aug 30 12:10:23 CEST 2019

Hi everybody

I am doing a simulation of several ligands with a protein. one of
ligands is ADP.
I have optimized all ligands with gaussian, B3LYP method. then I used
them for docking. the topologies for MD are constructed by
antechamber, GAFF, adding AM1bcc charges method.
I use gromacs 5.1.2 and forcefields Amber99SBILDN for all simulation.
for all ligands, the simualtions ran without any problems. but for
ADP, in the minimization step I have got the errors. I have copeid the
EM results below.
in addition, when I removed the partial charges from topology, the MD
simulation ran without problems.
I have used the ESP charges from gaussian, but nothing has changed.
I have the same problem with 2MeSADP also.
do you have any idea about that error? and how to overcome?
thank you
Steepest Descents:
Tolerance (Fmax) = 1.00000e+01
Number of steps = 20000
Step= 0, Dmax= 2.0e-02 nm, Epot= -1.67454e+06 Fmax= 1.38745e+06, atom= 256680

Step= 802, Dmax= 1.1e-06 nm, Epot= -5.33704e+06 Fmax= 1.06783e+05, atom= 7493
Energy minimization has stopped, but the forces have not converged to the
requested precision Fmax < 10 (which may not be possible for your system). It
stopped because the algorithm tried to make a new step whose size was too
small, or there was no change in the energy since last step. Either way, we
regard the minimization as converged to within the available machine
precision, given your starting configuration and EM parameters.

Steepest Descents converged to machine precision in 803 steps,
but did not reach the requested Fmax < 10.
Potential Energy = -5.3370395e+06
Maximum force = 1.3454029e+04 on atom 7489
Norm of force = 6.5798233e+01