[gmx-users] Question on gmx editconf, pbc and NPT

Dallas Warren dallas.warren at monash.edu
Wed Jan 2 00:44:18 CET 2019

Pressure coupling is explained here ->
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/current/reference-manual/algorithms/molecular-dynamics.html#pressure-coupling

There is no pressure applied to the face of a simulation box, as the face
of the simulation box itself is an arbitrary construct done to allow us to
visualise the system.  The particle coordinates and box vectors are what is
adjusted to maintain the pressure.

Sounds more like you want to use this
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/current/reference-manual/special/pulling.html#the-pull-code

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.warren at monash.edu
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a
nail.