[gmx-users] AMD 32 core TR

Tamas Hegedus tamas at hegelab.org
Thu Jan 3 21:17:09 CET 2019

Please provide more information.

If you use gmx 2018 then I think that gmx limits the gcc version to 6
and not cuda 10.

You did not specify what type of and how many GPUs you use.

In addition, the choice of gmx for distributing computation could be
also informative - you find this info in the log file.

It is also not clear what do you mean of 10% improvement: 8ns/day to
26ns/day are the only numbers but it corresponds to 3x faster
simulations and not 1.1x

In addition, I think if you have 49.5 ns/day for 137K atoms than
26ns/day seems to be ok for 300K.

Bests, Tamas

--
Tamas Hegedus, PhD