[gmx-users] Help with gmx select

Yasser Almeida Hernández yasser.almeida.hernandez at chemie.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Jan 9 11:55:48 CET 2019

Hello,

I want to use gmx select to get a list of protein residues that interact
with PO4 beads (CG) in a bilayer: The command I am using is:

gmx select -s system.gro -f traj.xtc -oi contacting_residues_DOPG.dat
-resnr number -n PO4_index_1.ndx -select 'group Protein and same residue
as within 0.6 of (group PO4_DOPG_upper or group PO4_DOPG_lower)'

But it returns the list of all atoms numbers of every interacting
residue. I want ONLY the residue number.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Yasser

--