[gmx-users] calculate interaction energy between two proteins

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jan 9 16:00:27 CET 2019

On 1/9/19 3:31 AM, SHAHEE ISLAM wrote:
> it is connected with aggregation phenomenon.

Maybe, but no force field is parametrized with protein aggregation in
mind. Mark is cautioning you that you may be seeking a meaningless
quantity.

To calculate the interaction energy, you need to define energygrps in
your .mdp file (each protein in a separate group), generate a new .tpr
file, then use mdrun -rerun to re-evaluate the energies with these
groups from the existing trajectory. Then it is your job to convince
your skeptical audience that such a quantity actually means anything.

-Justin

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall