[gmx-users] Doubts regarding gen-seed, ld-seed and .cpt file.

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 09:20:56 CET 2019

Hi,

Both these seeds are fixed after you run grompp. That has no relationship
to whether velocities are present from any input file. There is also no
difference between NVT and NPT.

I assume that your non-reproducible cases are each running grompp with one
of these seed values set to -1, in which case grompp can picks a different
value each time you run it. Otherwise, please show your command lines :-)

Mark