[gmx-users] Dispersion Correction using Charmm36 FF and compressibility

Frederic Schneider frederic.schneider at tu-bs.de
Sat Jan 26 14:45:59 CET 2019

Hello,

I have two question regarding the simulation of a solute in different
lipid solvent (mixture of triglyceride, which is a simplified version of
the complex oil) as well as other solvents like carbitol.

I use the parameter from cGenFF together with the charmm36 forcefield.

First question: Have I turn off the Dispersion correction, like it is
described on the homepage? I get a smaller Densities compared to the
full "Enerpres" dispersion correction, which are even more smaller
compared with the experimental value for the complex lipid oil.

Second question: Is it important to change the compressibility for the
pressure coupling, because I don't simulate in water, where the
compressibility is typical set to 4.5e-5. I use the Parrinello-Rahman
pressure coupling for my production run.

Thanks.

Best regards

Frederic

--