[gmx-users] How to install gromacs on cpu cluster

sunyeping sunyeping at aliyun.com
Mon Jul 1 13:26:54 CEST 2019

Hi Benson,

I feel I may need to add the following options to cmake?
-DGMX_MPI=on
-DGMX_SIMD=xxx
-DGMX_BUILD_MDRUN_ONLY=on

Should I?

From:孙业平 <sunyeping at aliyun.com>
Sent At:2019 Jun. 30 (Sun.) 08:36
To:gromacs <gmx-users at gromacs.org>; Benson Muite <benson_muite at emailplus.org>
Subject:Re: [gmx-users] How to install gromacs on cpu cluster

Hi,  Benson,

I can install gcc-4.9 for compiling the latest version of gromacs (gromacs_2019.3) in my own account directory (/data/home/sunyp/software/GCC. For proper submission of task with PBS system, which options of cmake should I use?
According to the "Quick and dirty cluster installation" section of the gromacs installation guide, it seems that a quick and dirty installation should be done, and then another installation with MPI should be done to the same location with the non-MPI installation. I am not very clear how these should be done exactly. Could you give the exact commands?
Best regards
Yeping

Q<sunyeping at aliyun.com>; gromacs <gmx-users at gromacs.org>

Hi Yeping,
Minimum required compiler version for the latest release is GCC 4.8.1 :
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/current/install-guide/index.html
GROMACS 4.5 seems to indicate support for GCC 4.5 (http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions_4.5)
Is CMAKE on your cluster? If so what version?
Regards,
Benson