[gmx-users] GPU support on macOS 10.14

Michael Williams michael.r.c.williams at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 17:05:21 CEST 2019

Hi Falk,

I actually compiled Gromacs with openCL GPU support on my MacBook Pro (2017) a couple months ago (with some help from others on this mailing list). I’ve pasted below the cmake settings that worked. You might be able to find more details searching the list for that thread... it took me a little while to get it working. Definitely worthwhile though. Have a good one,

Mike

cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/Users/michael/.local/apps/gromacs-2018.5-apple-clang-omp-ocl -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/michael/.local/lib -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/Users/michael/.local/include -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=/usr/bin/clang -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=/usr/bin/clang++ -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-Xpreprocessor -fopenmp -lomp -L/Users/michael/.local/lib -I/Users/michael/.local/include" -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-Xpreprocessor -fopenmp -lomp -L/Users/michael/.local/lib -I/Users/michael/.local/include" -DGMX_FFT_LIBRARY=fftw3 -DGMX_GPU=ON -DGMX_USE_OPENCL=ON

My $HOME/.local directory is the prefix I used to install appropriate versions of hwloc (1.11.12), libomp (7.0.1), and fftw3 (3.3.8) that I compiled with the system’s default clang (in OSX 10.14.3, Mojave).