[gmx-users] how to visualize gromacs trajectory

sunyeping sunyeping at aliyun.com
Mon Jul 8 17:28:46 CEST 2019

Hello, steph,

I have read the workflow for trajectory fixing at http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Periodic_Boundary_Conditions, but I don't know how to perform these steps.
The workflow reads:

First make your molecules whole if you want them whole.
Cluster your molecules/particles if you want them clustered.
If you want jumps removed, extract the first frame from the trajectory to use as  reference, and then use trjconv -pbc nojump with that first frame as reference
Center your system using some criterion. Doing so shifts the system, so don't use trjconv -pbc nojump after this step.
Perhaps put everything in some box with the other trjconv -pbc or -ur options.
Fit the resulting trajectory to some (other) reference structure (if desired), and don't use any PBC related option afterwards.
For the step 1, what this the command for keep the molecule whole? Should it be:
      gmx trjconv -s md_0_10.tpr -f md_0_10.xtc -o md_0_10_whole.xtc -pbc whole   ?
Could you give me some examples of the command for each step?

Thanks.

Yeping