[gmx-users] what's the maximum number of atoms that GROMACS can simulate?

张驭洲 zhangyuzhou15 at mails.ucas.edu.cn
Wed Jul 10 09:15:39 CEST 2019

Hello Carsten,

Thanks for your reply! The system I'm testing is a 128x128x128 nm box containing only water. I tried using double precision, but the error is the same. There are lots of errors like this:

Program:     gmx mdrun, version 2019.3
Source file: src/gromacs/mdlib/nbnxn_grid.cpp (line 1164)
MPI rank:    9 (out of 16)

Fatal error:
grid cell cx -207 cy 0 out of range (max 23 372)
atom 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000, grid->c0 72.000000 0.000000

There are many atoms with coordinates 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000, which I think should be an error.

Zhang