[gmx-users] Xeon Gold + RTX 5000

Moir, Michael (MMoir) MMoir at chevron.com
Thu Jul 18 03:41:31 CEST 2019

Alex,
The motherboard I am using with the 9900K is the ASUS WS Z390 PRO.  The PRO version has the extra PCIe controller.  I am using two RTX 1070ti GPUs, and I can hear everyone snorting with derision, but with this configuration I get performance with 100,000 atoms of about 72 ns/day with 2019.1 which is adequate for my needs.  I’ll upgrade to the 2080ti when the price drops to <$1000. Another tip is to get the highest speed memory that the motherboard will handle.  It doesn’t make a huge difference, maybe 2-3% over the cheapest memory but it is something that is easy and low cost to do.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone