[gmx-users] Drude force field

Myunggi Yi myunggi at pukyong.ac.kr
Sat Jul 20 06:27:23 CEST 2019

Dear Justin,

I've followed the instructions, and I prepared my system.

I've got the following error message.

" No default Bond types."

There are several errors.

The bond is between atoms 43 and 45, and the following is a part of the
dmpc.itp, which is generated by pdb2gmx with drude-2013f_2018_10.ff

    43     OD30CL      1   DMPC    O21     43     1.4847    15.5994   ;
qtot 1.803
    44       DRUD      1   DMPC   DO21     44    -1.4847          0   ;
qtot 0.318
    45        LPD      1   DMPC   LPMA     45      -0.17          0   ;
qtot 0.148
    46        LPD      1   DMPC   LPMB     46      -0.17          0   ;
qtot -0.022
    47     CD2O3B      1   DMPC    C21     47    2.72816     11.611   ;
qtot 2.706
    48       DRUD      1   DMPC   DC21     48   -2.03116          0   ;
qtot 0.675

It seems gromacs added a bond to them, which is not available in the
dmpc.itp file.
Is it common the bond between polar heavy atom and the lone pair virtual
sites?

Program information:
GROMACS:      gmx grompp, version 2016-dev-20181220-a2cab74

Command line:
  gmx grompp -f em.mdp -c ../gg.gro -r ../gg.gro -p ../topol.top -o em.tpr

In addition, I do have not integer total charge.

NOTE 2 [file topol.top, line 49]:
  System has non-zero total charge: -0.000464

Of course, when I generate the protein itp, the total charge was 0.00.
As you know DMPC is neutral too.
After combine protein, dmpc, water, this happened.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.