[gmx-users] inexplicable rmsf error - Too many iterations in routine JACOBI

Mala L Radhakrishnan mradhakr at wellesley.edu
Sat Jul 20 17:26:26 CEST 2019

Hi,

..just as a follow up with more information:

When I use gmx trajconv to extract snapshots that contain only the molecule
of interest from my original "full" .xtc file,  for my RMSF calculation,
(using the same index as before) and then use gmx rmsf -f traj.pdb instead
of on the traj.xtc, it works fine.  So there is some reason that using the
.xtc file leads to this error, and only when my reference structure
contains only the molecule of interest.  Is there an explanation for why
I'm seeing this bug?  Is my .xtc file somehow corrupted in a weird way?  Or
is it likely fine but gmx rmsf is finicky and so using the .pdb trajectory,
so long as it works, is fine, and this bug shouldn't indicate an issue with
my .xtc file?

Thanks for any info...

Mala