[gmx-users] Membrane protein simulation isotropic vs semiisotropic

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Jun 16 01:41:09 CEST 2019

On 6/15/19 8:56 AM, paul buscemi wrote:
> The pressure on a (real-life)  membrane is not isotropic, edges are under tension. so using the p-couple “surface-tension”  - with water layers is appropriate.

Applying surface tension and semiisotropic coupling will result in
different ensembles. The former yields NPgammaT, the latter NPT.
Semiisotropic pressure coupling is the de facto standard in modern
membrane simulations unless an additional surface tension is necessary.

-Justin

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall