[gmx-users] Check point file

Dallas Warren dallas.warren at monash.edu
Mon Jun 24 21:24:46 CEST 2019

Note the .cpt file is a snap shot file, like a .gro coordinate file.
It saves the state of the system at a particular point of time in a
manner that you can have an exact restart at that time.

You can still continue from 80ns relatively closely using the
appropriate files you already have, you are not starting a "brand new"
simulation. You can also join together the trajectory and energy files
once it is completed.

gmx grompp -f 400Kfor20ns.mdp -p topol.top -c 80ns.gro -e 0-80ns.edr
-o continuation.tpr
gmx mdrun -s continuation.tpr

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.warren at monash.edu