[gmx-users] grompp is using a very large amount of memory on a modestly-sized system

Sean Marks semarks at seas.upenn.edu
Fri Mar 8 19:13:33 CET 2019

I understand now, thank you for the prompt response. While the matrix would
actually be quite sparse (since the constraints are localized to each ice
molecule), I take it that memory is being allocated for a dense matrix.

That aside, is it feasible to accomplish my stated goal of scaling
ice-water electrostatics while leaving other interactions unaffected? One
alternative I considered was manually scaling down the charges themselves,
but doing this causes the lattice to lose its form.