[gmx-users] gmx distance

marzieh gharouni gharouni.m2000 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 09:59:46 CET 2019

Hello Dear All
I did a simulation of protein-protein interaction. I want to obtain a
distance residue between the two proteins. In the Gromacs tutorial has been
said to calculate of distance for protein-ligand whereas I want to
calculate of distance for protein-protein.
The command of protein-ligand in the Gromacs tutorial:
gmx distance -s md_0_10.tpr -f md_0_10_center.xtc -select 'resname "JZ4"
and name OAB plus resid 102 and name OE1' -oall
can I use resid instead of resname for protein because I have two proteins?
I would be grateful if you could say command of distance for residues
between two proteins.
Thank's a lot.