[gmx-users] [MGMS-DS]: Molecular Modelling Workshop + Tim Clark Birthday Symposium: April 08-11, 2019 in Erlangen, Germany

Harald Lanig harald.lanig at fau.de
Thu Mar 14 08:47:51 CET 2019

Dear list subscribers,

we are very delighted to remind you about this year’s “33rdMolecular
Modelling Workshop (MMWS)” (http://mmws2019.mgms-ds.de) that takes place
on April, Monday 8th to Wednesday 10th, 2019, at the
Friedrich-Alexander-University in Erlangen, Germany.

Please notice that registration is still possible until March 22nd, 2019!

The MMWS has a long history of giving young scientists (especially
graduate students) the opportunity to present their work and dive into
discussions with each other and the "older experts" of the field to gain
valuable feedback from academic as well as industrial colleagues. Oral
and poster contributions are welcome from all areas of molecular
modelling – from the life sciences, computational biology and chemistry,
cheminformatics, to materials sciences.

Starting with the scientific program on Monday after lunch should allow
to avoid travelling on weekend keeping the expenses at a minimum. A
hearty workshop dinner and a traditional joint evening in Erlangen’s
Steinbach-Bräu brewery complement the scientific program. The workshop
is organised by the German Section of the Molecular Graphics and
Modelling Society (MGMS-DS e.V.).

####### Satellite symposium in honour of Tim Clark's 70th birthday #######
Directly after the MMWS, there will be a one-day symposium on Thursday
April 11th, 2019 to celebrate the occasion of Tim Clark's 70th birthday.
You are invited to attend this meeting and extend your stay in Erlangen
by an extra day. There will be invited lectures only and no contributed
talks. There is no registration, conference desk, or extra fee.
Nevertheless, we expect that you indicate your interest in attending on
Thursday by checking the corresponding field during registration for the
MMWS.
For further information about our Birthday Symposium, please refer to
"Tim-Clark-Day" via https://mmws2019.mgms-ds.de/index.php?m=113

####### Pre-conference workshop #######
For the second time at our Molecular Modeling Workshop, Schrödinger is
offering a pre-conference workshop entiteled "Structure-based Drug
Design using the Schrödinger Suite". If you are interested in
participating at the software session, please checkmark the
corresponding field upon filling the registration form.

####### Plenary Speakers #######
We are very happy to announce that four outstanding researchers accepted
our invitation to present a plenary lecture at the Modeling workshop:

Matthias Bremer (Merck KGaA, Darmstadt)
"The Role of Quantum Chemistry in the Development of Liquid Crystals for
Display Applications"

Ruth Brenk (University of Bergen)
"Structure-based design of riboswitch ligands and selective NMT inhibitors"

Bernd Meyer (University of Erlangen)
"Chemistry at the solid-liquid interface"

Rochus Schmid (Ruhr-University Bochum)
"Force fields for porous coordination polymers - a tricky business"

####### Poster and Lecture Awards #######
As in the past years, there will be two poster awards of EUR 100 each
and three lecture awards for the best contributed oral presentations:

1st winner: Travel bursary to attend the Young Modeller's Forum in
London, UK, plus a speaker slot option at YMF (travel expenses are
reimbursed up to EUR 500)

2nd winner: EUR 200 travel expenses reimbursement

3rd winner: EUR 100 travel expenses reimbursement

Only undergraduate and graduate research students qualify for the poster
and lecture awards.

####### Registration and poster/talk submission #######
Submit talks and/or poster titles via the registration form accessible
on the workshop website https://mmws2019.mgms-ds.de/index.php?m=register
The deadline for all submissions is March 22nd, 2019.

####### General information #######
Website http://mmws2019.mgms-ds.de will provide all necessary
information about the meeting.

We are looking forward to meeting you in Erlangen!
- Paul Czodrowski, Scientific Committee Workshop Organisation 2019
- Harald Lanig, Chairman of the MGMS-DS e.V. (http://www.mgms-ds.de)

  PD Dr. Harald Lanig       Universitaet Erlangen/Nuernberg
  Zentralinstitut fuer Scientific Computing (ZISC)
  Geschaeftsfuehrer         Martensstrasse 5a, 91058 Erlangen

  Fon   +49 9131-85 20781   harald.lanig at fau.de
  Fax   +49 9131-85 20785   http://www.zisc.uni-erlangen.de