[gmx-users] CU2+ nonbonded parameteres (sigma and epsilon)

Paul Bauer paul.bauer.q at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 13:58:32 CET 2019

Hello,

Classical force fields are a bad way to describe the behaviour of
transition metals such as CU2+, because they are not able to cover the
behaviour of the D-orbitals with just the sigma and epsilon parameters.
What are you planning to use the model for? It is possible to parametrize
transition metals for this, but it is a lengthy and time consuming process.

Kindest regards
Paul