[gmx-users] gmx do_dssp

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 18:27:34 CET 2019

Hello Eduardo,

The xpm file contains all the info about axes, keys, etc. Look at this
excerpt from a random xpm file from one of my simulations:

/* This file can be converted to EPS by the GROMACS program xpm2ps */
/* title:   "Secondary structure" */
/* legend:  "" */
/* x-label: "Time (us)" */
/* y-label: "Residue" */
/* type:    "Discrete" */
static char *gromacs_xpm[] = {
"50001 69   8 1",
"~  c #FFFFFF " /* "Coil" */,
"E  c #FF0000 " /* "B-Sheet" */,
"B  c #000000 " /* "B-Bridge" */,
"S  c #008000 " /* "Bend" */,
"T  c #FFFF00 " /* "Turn" */,
"H  c #0000FF " /* "A-Helix" */,
"I  c #800080 " /* "5-Helix" */,
"G  c #808080 " /* "3-Helix" */,

With a bit of scripting you can turn this xpm file into anything you like.
Also, I haven't used it yet, but this exists and can perform several
operations/analyses on xpm files:
https://github.com/HITS-MBM/conan/blob/master/docs/index.md

Cheers,
João