[gmx-users] Help needed in using gmx select

Budheswar Dehury bude at kemi.dtu.dk
Fri Mar 29 14:05:42 CET 2019

Dear Gromacs Developers and Users,
I need a small help in GROMACS trajectory analysis. I want to define a selection i.e., 4Ang volume around two residues (from different chains X  and chain Y ) that make your binding site --- Within this selection I want count number of waters molecules along the trajectory (it's a lipid bilayer system with TIP3P and POPC).

How can I estimate the number of water molecules using gmx select and gmx dist or gmx mindist..through gromacs or VMD.

Looking forward to hear from you

Thanking You
Sincere Regards

Budheswar