[gmx-users] How to calculate tetrahedral order parameter in GROMACS

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed May 8 11:00:37 CEST 2019

Den 2019-05-07 kl. 14:34, skrev Soham Sarkar:
> Hello,
>        I have two systems. One containing only water and the other one
> contains protein and water. Using g_select I made water in 1st solvation
> shell but the use of g_hydorder I cannot understand. I read the disscussion
> so far disscussed. For these two systems which index I need to choose,
> water or OW? What is the use of sgang1 and sgang2? Any suggestion
> is appreciated.
> Thanks and regards
> Soham

The tool is not made for anything else than water I'm afraid. Please
check this paper for details.

Bjorn Steen Sæthre, Alex C. Hoffmann and David van der Spoel: Order
parameters and algorithmic approaches for detection and demarcation of
interfaces in hydrate-fluid and ice-fluid systems J. Chem. Theor.
Comput. 10 pp. 5606-5616 (2014)

Head of Department, Cell & Molecular Biology, Uppsala University.
Box 596, SE-75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone: +46184714205.
http://www.icm.uu.se