[gmx-users] Pressure coupling in expanded ensemble simulations

Michael Shirts mrshirts at gmail.com
Wed May 8 18:01:52 CEST 2019

Yeah, this is an unfortunately place in the code where not all combinations
work - very long story.  Hopefully this will be working better in 2020.

What I would recommend is, if possible, performing the expanded ensemble
simulation at NVT.  Everything should work fine there (paper coming out
hopefully soon comparing a bunch of free energy methods).  Once can always
correct the free energy at lambda=1 from NVT to NPT.  I Can fill in the
details.

You do NOT want to do Berendsen for NPT when running expanded ensemble.
The results will be incorrect (as I have learned by sad experience_