[gmx-users] H-Bond from peptide capping group

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed May 22 19:15:22 CEST 2019

On 5/22/19 1:04 PM, Neena Susan Eappen wrote:
> Hello gromacs users,
>
> I uploaded a peptide structure on VMD with its trajectory (using gromacs package) and used H-bond plugin to figure out possible H bonds. The C-terminus has a capping amide group. The H-bond plugin never catches any H-bond information from that capping group. My guess is the capping group is considered as a separate entity (not part of the peptide). Any insight would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Neena
>
> P.S. I received no answer to this question on VMD mailing list, hence asking here.

It's a VMD question, so that's the appropriate forum.

You can easily do H-bond analysis in GROMACS with gmx hbond, and it will
consider all relevant groups. If VMD has some limitation or issue with
what it defines as H-bond donors or acceptors, again that is their issue.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.