[gmx-users] Multisite ion of Mg in Gromacs

Quyen Vu vuqv.phys at gmail.com
Sat May 25 19:37:22 CEST 2019

Dear all,
Could anyone can please help me clarify the last paragraph on page 393 of
gromacs manual 2019.1?

"when sigma and epsilon need to be supplied (rule 2 and 3), it would seem
it is impossible to have non-zero C12 combined with a zero C6 parameter.
However, providing a negative sigma will do exactly that, such that C6 is
set to zero and C12 is calculated normally"

If the reference uses the potential function: U_{ij}=Aij/r_{ij}^12
-B_{ij}/r_{ij}^6 and provide A_i=0.05, B_i=0, how can I convert to epsilon
and sigma in Gromacs (using amber99sb force field)?
Thank you and best regards,