[gmx-users] Fwd: Calculating electron density profile of a lipid bilayer system

Azadeh Alavizargar azadeh.alavizargar at gmail.com
Thu May 30 09:56:05 CEST 2019

Dear Gromacs users

I am trying to calculate the electron density profiles of a lipid bilayer
system. However I am not getting the correct profile. I would appreciate it
a lot if you can help me.

Following is the procedure I go through:

1- first I create a ndx file to select the resnames:

gmx select -f trj_file.trr -s tpr_file.tpr -on index_file.ndx -select
'(resname DPPC TIP3)'

2- Then I created the electron.dat file including all the atoms (including
hydrogens) of the selected atoms. The first lines look like this:
208
OH = 8
H1 = 1
H2 = 1
N = 7
C13 = 6
H13A = 1
H13B = 1
H13C = 1
C14 = 6
H14A = 1
H14B = 1
H14C = 1
C15 = 6

3- Then I use gmx density in order to calculate the electron density of the
selected resnames:

gmx density -f trj_file.trr -s tpr_file.tpr -n index_file.ndx -o
 density_traj_center.xvg -dens electron -ei electron.dat -center -relative

However,  what I get is not similar to the ones in papers:
Best regards,
Azadeh
[image: image.png]