[gmx-users] Regarding force field for silicon oxide

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Fri Nov 1 17:44:41 CET 2019

Den 2019-11-01 kl. 17:07, skrev Mijiddorj B:
> I would like to simulate a system which contains a silicon oxide surface
> and a polymer. Is it possible to simulate in gromacs?
> I thought that GROMOS force field could be applied in this purpose. Is it
> right? I am not sure.
If you have a potential function that supports it and software to build
topologies it works, e.g.:

David van der Spoel, Erik J. W. Wensink and Alex C. Hoffmann: Lifting a
glass from a wet table: a microscopic picture Langmuir 22 pp. 5666-5672
(2006) http://pubs.acs.org/cgi-bin/download.pl?la053284f/X8nx

However please do not ask me for the files :)

> Also, is it possible to use InterfaceFF and Charmm force fields for this
> system? I mean that the silicon oxide could be treated by InterfaceFF, and
> CharmmFF could be applied for polymer structure. Do you have any
> experience, please let me advice.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Mijiddorj

Head of Department, Cell & Molecular Biology, Uppsala University.
Box 596, SE-75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone: +46184714205.
http://www.icm.uu.se