[gmx-users] rdf

shakuntala dhurua madhu.dhurua94 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 05:16:04 CET 2019

sir, as i m beginner of gromacs i want to calculate rdf between o-o of
only  bulk water simulation, here i have generate xtc file using gmx rdf -n
index.ndx -s water5.tpr -f water5.trr -o water5.xtc ,after that for rdf
calculation i have used gmx rdf -n index.ndx -s  water5.tpr -f water5.xtc
-o rdf_water.xvg then
 the out put was like that
Available static index groups:
 Group  0 "System" (2709 atoms)
 Group  1 "Water" (2709 atoms)
 Group  2 "SOL" (2709 atoms)
 Group  3 "OW" (903 atoms)
Specify a selection for option 'ref'
(Reference selection for RDF computation):
(one per line, <enter> for status/groups, 'help' for help)
after putting group 3  it shows below

Selection '3' parsed
Available static index groups:Selection '3' parsed
Available static index groups:
 Group  0 "System" (2709 atoms)
 Group  1 "Water" (2709 atoms)
 Group  2 "SOL" (2709 atoms)
 Group  3 "OW" (903 atoms)
Specify any number of selections for option 'sel'
(Selections to compute RDFs for from the reference):
(one per line, <enter> for status/groups, 'help' for help, Ctrl-D to end)
> 3 (here i am selected group 3 again) and it again shows
Selection '3' parsed
what is this actually i am not able to understand please help me to solve
this.