[gmx-users] Question about switching off non-bonded interactions between two molecules for MD simulation

Alessandra Villa alessandra.villa.biosim at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 09:10:57 CET 2019

Hi,

As far as I understood, you have a protein and ligand (not covalently
bonded) and you want to switch off the interaction
between one aminoacid and the ligand.

Concerning approach 1,
If you have a merged topology (only one topology file with one [molecular
type] in your case  protein and ligand -  see pdb2gmx for more info)
[ exclusions] should working.
(see
http://manual.gromacs.org/current/reference-manual/topologies/molecule-definition.html?highlight=exclusion
)

Concerning approach 2,  you need only energygrp-excl  =  A B ( the group A
and B are already defined ) and you do not want to calculate the energy
between 2 groups
 ("energygrps"  group(s) for which to write short-ranged non-bonded
potential energies to the energy file)

Best regards
 Alessandra