[gmx-users] helping increasing box

Giuseppe R Del Sorbo del-sorbo at ill.fr
Thu Nov 14 22:28:00 CET 2019

Dear all,

I am doing COM-pulling simulations between two lysine chains connected
with a surfactant.

Basically I want to find the force able to separate the two chains.

Increasing the force, at some point gromacs was complaining that the
distance between the two pull groups is larger that the half of the box
lenght.

To solve this problem, I increased the box size but now the two lysine
are not
connected anymore.

When I open with vmd the .gro file, the two chains are not connected but
far away because, of course, I increased the box.

I should move the two chains at the end of the box. In this way when on
VMD I add other boxes in +y and -y directions I will able to see the two
chains connected and not separated from a gap dipending on the
increasing of the box.

But I don't know how to do this.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks