[gmx-users] applied electirc field with use potential

Christian Blau blau at kth.se
Fri Nov 15 11:25:23 CET 2019

Hi Amin,

It's me again :)

Yes, applying an electric field mixes well with any other potentials you apply.

When you use an additional electric field by using the .mdp options, there is already an additional force added to all
the forces on the atoms that makes the system respond to an electric field. You would not have to modify any other
potential to include an external electric field.

Best,

Christian