[gmx-users] how to make index of a micelle

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Nov 18 18:14:57 CET 2019

On 11/18/19 12:13 PM, Giuseppe R Del Sorbo wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> I want to make an index for the micelle, made od 60 molecules of SDS.

So, if I understand correctly, the SDS micelle does not contain all of
the SDS molecules in the system? That was not clear in your original
email. If that's the case, the only option is to specify the residue
numbers individually or to use gmx select with a geometric criterion for
the spatial coordinates that the micelle occupies. See "gmx help
selections" for examples.

-Justin

> Thanks for the email.
>
> Best,
>
> Giuseppe
>

> Il 2019-11-18 18:09 Justin Lemkul ha scritto:
>> On 11/18/19 11:43 AM, Giuseppe R Del Sorbo wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> In my simulation I have a lysine + micelle of SDS.
>>>
>>> In the analysis, I want to find the spherical radial distribution
>>> functions of methyl groups around the center of mass of the micelle.
>>>
>>> I Know how to make the index for the methyl group, but how can I
>>> make an index for the micelle?
>>>

>> The SDS molecules should already be a default group in the list of
>> available selections. You shouldn't even need a custom group for it.
>>
>> -Justin
>>
>> --
>>
>> Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
>> Assistant Professor
>> Office: 301 Fralin Hall
>> Lab: 303 Engel Hall
>>
>> Virginia Tech Department of Biochemistry
>> 340 West Campus Dr.
>> Blacksburg, VA 24061
>>
>> jalemkul at vt.edu | (540) 231-3129
>> http://www.thelemkullab.com