[gmx-users] GMXLIB for pdb2gmx

Ling Chan ling.chan at zymeworks.com
Wed Nov 20 00:55:39 CET 2019

Hello colleagues,

I would like to do experiments on a force field. Hence I cloned the force field files from shares/gromacs/top to a local directory, at $HOME/top. According to the manual page at http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/current/onlinehelp/gmx-pdb2gmx.html
I need to set the GMXLIB environment variable to point to my directory. So I did. But then pdb2gmx still goes to the original directory, at shares/gromacs/top, before visiting $GMXLIB. As a result, the force fields are all duplicated and pdb2gmx would refuse to go ahead. This is probably the same issue as discussed here. https://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/1928

So, how can I prevent Gromacs from searching the original force field directory?

On a related note, if I am to add new residues, say Glycam ones, I would need to append new lines to the file “residuetypes.dat”, at share/gromacs/top. If I have a “residuetypes.dat” both at share/gromacs/top and at $GMXLIB, will pdb2gmx read both files?

Thank you.

Regards,
Ling

Notice of Confidentiality: The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error please contact the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then immediately delete this transmission including all attachments without copying, distributing or disclosing the same.