[gmx-users] c2075 is not detected by gmx

Mahmood Naderan nt_mahmood at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 20:53:48 CET 2019

Hi
I have build 2018.3 in order to test that with c2075 GPU.
I used this command to build it
$ cmake .. -DGMX_GPU=on -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../single -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON

$ make
$ make install

I have to say that the device is detected according to deviceQuery. However, when I run

$ gmx mdrun -nb gpu -v -deffnm nvt_5k

I get this error

Fatal error:
Cannot run short-ranged nonbonded interactions on a GPU because there is none
detected.

That is weird, because I also see this message

WARNING: An error occurred while sanity checking device #0; cudaErrorMemoryAllocation: out of memory

The device has 6GB of memory and I am sure that my input file doesn't need that because I have run it on a GPU with 4GB of memory/

Any idea?

Regards,
Mahmood