[gmx-users] emtol criterion

Kevin Boyd kevin.boyd at uconn.edu
Thu Nov 28 07:50:48 CET 2019

> For GROMACS, I think the emtol
> value should be reported, but this varies by personal preference in most
> papers, unfortunately.

I had thought that emtol had no particular significance for minimizations
used to set up typical MD simulations, as long as the system was
sufficiently minimized as to not explode. Is there any evidence that stable
simulated systems behave differently based on the minimum energy they
achieved during minimization?