[gmx-users] Charmm27 and Charmm36 atomtypes assignments for polymer

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Nov 29 14:21:36 CET 2019

On 11/29/19 3:27 AM, Mijiddorj B wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> As you suggested, I generated the charmm36 parameter using cgenff for
> single unit with two capping groups. After that, I created 3 residues based
> on the parameter of cgenff including N-ter side, Middle, and C-ter side
> residues. However, the net charges of these residues are not equal to zero
> as -0.002, -0.004, and -0.002, respectively.
>
> 1. How can I adjust the charge of these residue?

Your model compound surely didn't have a net -0.008 charge, so make sure
you're assigning charges correctly. Without seeing your actual residue
definitions, there's nothing I (or anyone else) can suggest.

> 2. Is it possible to run simulation ignoring the grompp comments?

When grompp tells you there's a problem, don't ignore it. If you're
trying to simply override these unphysical charges, your simulation will
be useless because your model does not reflect reality.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.