[gmx-users] Protein ligand simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 3 21:44:35 CEST 2019

On 10/1/19 3:39 AM, DEEPANSHU SINGLA wrote:
> I am trying to learn protein ligand simulation. I tried to follow the steps
> for lysozyme using the GROMACS tutorial. I received the following error:
>
> *ERROR 1 {file jz4.itp, line 183]:*
> * No default Proper Dih. types*
>

> *ERROR 2 [file jz4.itp, line 194]:*
> * No default Proper Dih. types*
>
> *Fatal error: *
> *Syntax error -File forcefield.itp, line 10*
> *Last line resd:*
> *'[defaults]'*
> *Invalid order for directive defaults*
>
> Please help me resolve this error.

A [defaults] directive corresponds to the master equations used by the
simulation and can only appear once, as the first directive in any
topology (typically it is held in forcefield.itp). Apparently you have
#include statements out of order. Note that my tutorial tells you
exactly where to place the relevant #include statements, which will also
rectify the missing parameter errors.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall