[gmx-users] Implicit Solvent and Box Size

张 卓 zhangzhuo10 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 7 17:05:10 CEST 2019

Hi, I am doing the aggregations of small peptides in implicit solvents. However, it seems that there is no detailed tutorial on such subject and I just turned on the 'implicit solvent' option in the .mdp file. However, I found that the box was compressed during mdrun. It comes to me that the implicit solvent is only a field rather than some virtual material. I believe that the compression should be due to pressure coupling.  Then should I use NPT ensemble for implicit solvents. If so, how can I keep the box size with pressure coupling?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Zhuo