[gmx-users] defining parameters in a separate itp file

Dave M dave.gromax at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 23:21:33 CET 2019

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your reply but am getting error suggesting a intermolecular
chemical bond is not allowed:

Program:     gmx grompp, version 2016.4

Source file: src/gromacs/gmxpreprocess/convparm.cpp (line 649)

Fatal error:

The intermolecular_interaction can not contain chemically bonding
interactions

[ molecules ]

; name        number

molA 1

molB 1

W  2420

[intermolecular_interactions]

 [ bonds ]

    1     158     1  0.4  2000

This is coarse-grained model and as a simple test I used global atom
numbers between two water single particles (intermolecular) but I get the
same error.

regards,
Dave