[gmx-users] Fwd: gmx trjcat

Elton Carvalho eltonfc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 20:15:38 CET 2019

Hello,

The advantage of text based trajectory files is that they are... text
based, which means that usual tools for treating text files, such as cat
and sed, can be used to treat text-based trajectories.

Concatenating .gro or .pdb files can be accomplished literally
concatenating the files: in POSIX-like systems (linux, macos and
recent enough versions of win10 (with some abuse of definitions)) a
command like 'cat *.gro > traj.gro'. If there are timestamps on the frames
(e.g. t=XXX in gro files), you may need to do some editing.

Cheers,
Elton

Elton Carvalho