[gmx-users] GROMACS mailing-list will move to a forum

Paul bauer paul.bauer.q at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:06:31 CEST 2020

Hello gmx-users!

We have been working behind the scenes the last few months on some
changes to the organization of the GROMACS project, one of them is
switching our gmx-users mailing list to a forum

We are continuously re-thinking about how we can best engage with you
and how people can get the best help when it comes to questions about
using GROMACS for different scientific problems. While the user list has
worked well for this in the past, it has also shown some deficiencies,
mostly in finding already existing questions and the correct answers for
them. To hopefully change this in the future we are now in the process
of moving the existing list to use a Discourse forum instead that will
be made public in the beginning of May. At the switching point, the
current list will be read only (and the archive will be kept alive) so
people will still be able to search it in the future for existing
answers, but won't be able to post any new questions. The forum will
still support the pure email based conversation if you prefer this kind
of interaction, but it will also allow ranking of responses and make it
easier to see which answers are coming from whom.

You will have the opportunity to sign up for the forum when it goes live
and I'll send a reminder for it when the time comes.

Cheers

Paul

--
Paul Bauer, PhD