[gmx-users] Effect of atomic charge on bonding parameters

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Apr 2 21:23:08 CEST 2020

On 4/2/20 2:45 PM, Neena Susan Eappen wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> What is the criteria for opls bond types?

I don't understand the question. Nonbonded and bonded atom types can be
separate (this is uncommon, but something that OPLS does) because bonded
interactions may be more transferable than nonbonded paramters. I have
no idea why OPLS has opls_237 and opls_238 when they have the same
bonded type and same LJ parameters. They're effectively identical so
this is probably a very poor example when trying to learn how the force
field works.

If you're trying to generate a topology for some new species, try the
LigParGen server rather than going about it manually.

-Justin

> Thank you,
> Neena

Assistant Professor