[gmx-users] Issue with PMF

Quyen V. Vu vuqv.phys at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 13:10:01 CEST 2020

Dear Justin,
In your tutorial, you selected the initial configuration for each umbrella
by the radial distance between chain A and B [ r = sqrt(x^2+y^2+z^2)]
and in umbrella sampling simulation, your setting is:
pull_coord1_dim = N N Y

pull_coord1_start       = yes

so as the draw I attached here you can see that conf1,conf2 and conf3
are satisfied the distance criteria and you used the staring
z-separation as reaction coordinates, this mean umbrella 1 and 2 will
sample the same region while the region between zeta_1 and zeta_3 is
not sampled well if |zeta3-zeta1| is large.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nUKLmaBhjL29ZadgUcPk6DlG08ZVP_Nx

Is it true?

Best regards,

Quyen