[gmx-users] GROMACS 2020.1 failed to pass make check

Wei-Tse Hsu Weitse.Hsu at colorado.edu
Sun Apr 5 21:23:28 CEST 2020

Dear gmx users,
Recently I've been trying to install GROMACS 20201. After successfully
compilng GROMACS 2020.1, when executing make check command, I
encountered the following error. Specifically, one out of 56 tests failed,
which was related to Mdrun Test.WritesHelp. Looking at the error message,
I'm still not sure what it means and how I should solve this problem. I
wonder if anyone had this before that could give me some insights about how
I could solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Here is the error message in the middle.

*[----------] 1 test from MdrunTest[ RUN      ]
MdrunTest.WritesHelp/home/wei-tse/Documents/Software/GROMACS/gromacs-2020.1/src/testutils/refdata.cpp:867:
Failure  In item: /Help string   Actual: 'SYNOPSIS*
And here is the error message in the end.

*The following tests FAILED:         43 - MdrunTests
(Failed)CMakeFiles/run-ctest-nophys.dir/build.make:57: recipe for target
'CMakeFiles/run-ctest-nophys' failedCMakeFiles/Makefile2:1467: recipe for
target 'CMakeFiles/run-ctest-nophys.dir/all'
failedCMakeFiles/Makefile2:445: recipe for target
'CMakeFiles/check.dir/rule' failedMakefile:327: recipe for target 'check'
failed*

And here is the whole STDOUT message of the command printed by make *check
> make_check.log*.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nb2BLzA2Vl_cjS1b_M_HNk0wkrfR2WKt/view?usp=sharing

Best,
Wei-Tse