[gmx-users] NAG N-Acetylglucosamine force field parameters

Kenny Goossens goossens_kenny at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 6 14:44:49 CEST 2020

Dear Javier,

The way GROMOS force fields are parameterized allows building blocks to be linked together and still provide a good model. You can find parameters for glucose in the force field (in the aminoacids.rtp file) and from there on, you only need to find adequate parameters for the N-acetyl group. You can try using the ATB web server but keep in mind to also validate the parameters that are generated in that case. For CHARMM, you can try using the glycan reader & modeler tool in the CHARMM-GUI web server, which should also provide adequate parameters.

With kind regards,
Kenneth Goossens, PhD student
Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry (Building A - Room 2.13)
University of Antwerp - Campus Drie Eiken
Universiteitsplein 1
B-2610 Wilrijk
Belgium