[gmx-users] dt in mdp

Alex alexanderwien2k at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 23:39:11 CEST 2020

Thanks Justin for the response.
Please find below the mdp file.
The system is a thin film made out of a epoxy molecule, picture in be below
link, with water on top and bottom of the film. I even sometimes have
the same issue when I simulate the bulk of this system, I mean a cubic box
filled by this molecule and no water.
I got the force fields from the latest version of ATB repository by which I
have previously done some other simulation for the same molecule.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tJLxh9jQ2v5DDTrVR8IuQz40B3NN0zlb

%--------mdp-------
title                    = Thin-Film
integrator               = md
dt                       = 0.002     ; 2 fs      ;0.001 1 fs
nsteps                   = 25000000   ; 50 ns      ;50000000   ; 50 ns
xtc-precision            = 500       ; 1000
;nstlist                  = 40
%-----------------
;;in .trr file
nstxout                  = 3000      ; 6000
nstvout                  = 0
nstfout                  = 0
;;in energy file.log
nstlog                   = 2000       ; 4000
nstcalcenergy            = 2000       ;4000
nstenergy                = 2000         ;4000
;;in xtc file
nstxout-compressed       = 0
;compressed-x-grps        = non-Water
%-----------------
continuation             = yes
gen-vel                  = no
constraint-algorithm     = lincs
constraints              = h-bonds
cutoff-scheme            = Verlet
coulombtype              = PME
rcoulomb                 = 1.4

vdwtype                  = Cut-off
rvdw                     = 1.4
DispCorr                 = EnerPres

tcoupl                    = v-rescale
tc-grps                   = system
tau-t                     = 1.5
nhchainlength             = 10
ref-t                     = 298.15
pbc                       = xyz

pcoupl                   = Parrinello-Rahman
Pcoupltype               = isotropic
tau_p                    = 2.5
compressibility          = 4.5e-5
ref_p                    = 1.0
refcoord-scaling         = com
energygrps               = thin_film SOL
comm-mode                = Linear
nstcomm                  = 100
comm-grps                = Thin_fiml SOL

Thank you
Alex