[gmx-users] Double-well potential for bonded interaction

John Whittaker johnwhittake at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 8 16:35:24 CEST 2020

Hi Jacek,

Gromacs allows for the implementation of any kind of bonded interaction
through user-defined tabulated functions. You'll have to build a table for
it, but it's definitely more straightforward than messing around with
restraints.

Check out section 4.2.14 of the manual: "Tabulated bonded interaction
functions".

Best,

John

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know how to define for a specific bond a double-well
> potential?
>
> I've looking into the definitions in the gromacs manual
> (manual.gromacs.org/current/reference-manual/topologies/topology-file-formats.html
> and
> manual.gromacs.org/current/reference-manual/functions/bonded-interactions.html),
> but for now I can only imagine using bond restraints in a similar manner
> shown here for position restraints:
> manual.gromacs.org/current/reference-manual/functions/restraints.html
>
> It feels like there should be a more elegant way of doing that.
>
> Thanks for your suggestions in advance!
>
> Best,
> Jacek

> Dr. Jacek Kozuch